This guide covers the steps of adding history for a user. This feature is often used if you need to record that a person completed on-the-job training, external training and anything else (including non-training activities) that you want to track. This is a tool for someone, including non-technical users, on the back-end to easily record that some activity was finished.
Note: While history can have many different configurations, the workflow is the same. For example, you might have a version field enabled to record against what version a user trained. A premise of AbilityLMS is flexibility and adding history for different industries can and will have different needs. This guide is generic and does not cover all possible use cases. If you need something more specific in adding history, please contact MaxIT support.
These are the steps on how to manually add History to a Learner.
- Log-in to the learning system with Manager privileges, select PEOPLE from the Manager menu.
- In People Listing click on the Learner Name of the Learner you wish to add a history, in this case we will add history to Learner Demo, Sample204.
3. In the Learner History page, click on the wand icon beside the search bar.
4. Once clicked, the People Add History Wizard window will appear, click on the NEXT button.
5. To see all the courses, click on the NEXT button.
6. Select a course that you wish to add and click on the NEXT button. You can also choose a range of courses by clicking on the first course in the range and then, holding down the Shift key on your keyboard, clicking on the last course.
7. Select the 'Proceed to update grid' radio button to accept the list of courses that was selected and click on the NEXT button to continue.
8. In this window, the Administrator can choose the Status Date and the Status ID, they can also upload a Supporting Document for the course. In this example we will set the history to "In Progress" on the Status ID.
The History Page will refresh and the new added course will appear on the grid page.